Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, P.C.
2053 Woodbridge Ave.
Edison, NJ 08817
(732) 572-0500
www.njlaws.com

Monday, February 3, 2014

Post Will instructions



I am writing this letter to you in order
to give you and all my clients several important reminders regarding your Will
and things related to it. I am doing this in order for you to have a permanent
record of the contents of this letter and also that you may refer to this
letter from time to time in the future in order to refresh your memory of
them.  Please be sure, therefore, to keep
this letter with your copy of your Will.

         We
have given you the Original signed Will to take home.  Please advise your Executors where the
original Will is going to be stored. Additionally, please provide your Executor
with our business card and instruct your Executor to contact us prior to going
to the Surrogate's Office or probating a Will. If you have a Living Will,
please be sure to give a copy to your doctor.

         If
you ever want to discuss your Will with me, I will be happy to do this with you
at any time after scheduling an appointment.

         I
recommend that you review your Will periodically in order to keep it up-to date
regarding changes in your family, your property, your wishes, and the law.  I suggest that approximately five (5) years
from the present time, you contact my office and schedule an appointment again
so that we can review your Will together.

         Please
do not let this periodic review program prevent you from considering the making
of a change in your Will at any earlier date. 
Changes should be made whenever you believe such changes are necessary.
A person's family, property and wishes may change over the years and for these
and other reasons you should re-examine your will from time to time in order to
make sure that it will carry out your present wishes.
        
         I
caution you against making any marks upon your original Will because this can
lead to a Will contest. If you want to make a change in your Will, please come
back to my office and we will either make a Codicil (a short addition) to your
Will or a new Will depending upon your needs and wishes.







































         In
the event that a death occurs in your family, may I suggest that you contact my
office immediately in order to determine what, if anything, must be done in
order to settle that person's estate. I also suggest that you instruct your
Executor and the members of your family to contact my office immediately, in
the event of your death, in order to determine what, if anything, must be done
to settle your estate.

No comments: