ABA Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Committee Summer 2017 Report COUNCIL AGENDA REPORT FORM
Division Name and Number: Practice Specialty Division: 3
Division Director Name: Kari Petrasek
Reporting Board or Committee: ABA Elder Law Committee
Completed By: Kenneth Vercammen Co-Chair, Edison, NJ
1. What has your board or committee done since its last report (e.g., conference call, meetings, use of discussion lists, planning for CLE programs, publications and articles, collaboration with other boards, committees, or sections)?
-Participated in last ABA Aging and Law Networking sponsored by ABA Commission on Aging
-Scheduled Committee Meeting at New York Annual meeting for Friday August 11
-Proposed a new book “Creating the Million Dollar who wishes to create this book
-Publicized ABA Committee in email newsletter and blog
-Helped publicize Solo Division’s book “Wills and Estate Administration Practice” approx 240 pages to help raise revenue for section- Sale of book reported to be good
-Met with ABA Publications in Chicago on March 13 to discuss sales of GP solo book “Wills and Estate Administration”
- Invited members to submit articles to GP Solo
-Invited members to participate in Free ABA Law and Aging Networking Calls. These calls are open to staff and volunteer leaders in any ABA entity with an interest in developing programing on issues relating to Aging and Law. Please share this message with colleagues who may want to participate and encourage people to email me to be added to the invitation list (email@example.com.)
-Participated in NJ Bar Elder Law & Estate Planning seminar May 24.
2. What is the status of your board or committee’s business plan for the year (e.g., participation of board or committee members, goals achieved, and new goals)?
- Provide information to members for the free July 10 ABA Aging Conf call- 2nd Monday
- Publicize Meeting at New York Annual meeting August
-Invite Chair elect the legendary Steve Williams and Division members to free NJ Bar Summer Happy Hour at the NJ Shore on July 15
- Hope to submit articles to Solo EReport
-Continue to help promote ABA books to raise revenue for section
3. Does your board or committee need any assistance from the Director, Staff, Division Officers, or Council? If yes, please explain:
-Set up Committee meeting in New York
-Please help with promotion of Promoted recent ABA Books:
“Wills & Estate Administration” and
“Smart Marketing For the Small Firm Lawyer” from the American Bar Association.
Author: Kenneth A Vercammen
Sponsor(s): Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division http://shop.americanbar.org/eBus/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?productId=224827061
List any action items to be presented to Council. These are items that require discussion, reporting, and/or decision-making on the part of the Council (e.g. a request for support of matters appearing before the House of Delegates, revisions of Division policies, and requests for use of extraordinary Division resources). None
List any informational items to be represented to Council. These items are matters for the Council’s information and do not require action. N/a